Monday 4 January 2016

Magazine Collage Commission 'Horses'

Along side the figurative pieces I have begun to get requests for landscapes and animals. This magazine collage is made entirely of ripped and cut magazines on recycled board using non-toxix adhesives. This piece was completed last summer but not gifted until Christmas, I cn now finally share it with you!

Horses Magazine Collage 
I really loved the colours in the original and tried to capture the soft tones. I was able to find colours quite similar to the original and by tearing the paper for the majority of the piece I was able to retain the softness as well.

Client Image


The original image was quite small but I was provided with other images which helped me to get some of the small details correct.

The piece was frame in reclaimed wood by Alan at Roaring Tree


No comments:

Post a Comment